The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King’s Lynn is a Foundation Trust, providing largely acute healthcare services to a population of approximately 250,000, covering West Norfolk, South Lincolnshire and parts of North Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Breckland.
The NHS faces significant challenges and as a new Non-Executive Director, you will be joining our Trust at an exciting time.
We are now seeking applications for two Non-Executive Directors to join our Board, to fill current and forthcoming vacancies. The successful candidates will have experience of working at a senior level in a complex ‘customer-service' driven organisation.
Vacancy 1 (current vacancy) – Non-Executive Director
- Organisational Transformation / Form – can you help drive the Trust to innovate with its strategic partners in order to deliver transformative solutions to the challenges faced by the region’s health and social care services?
- Organisational Change and Development – can you help us to oversee the very significant programme of change and development that our Trust will need, as we support our workforce to be ready for the strategic changes ahead?
- Background – do you have the skills and knowledge to support the Board in ensuring that the Trust delivers care that is safe, effective and provides patients with the most positive experience possible? You might have a background in Health and Social Care – perhaps in Public Health, Primary Care, Social Care or the Voluntary Sector.
Vacancy 2 (forthcoming vacancy) Audit Committee Chair
- Do you have recent and relevant financial experience? (essential)
- Do you have a financial qualification? (desirable)
- Have you previously served on the Audit Committee of a complex organisation? (essential)
- Are you ‘independent’ of the Trust (essential) – Code of Governance definition of Independence – Independent in character and judgement and without relationships or circumstances which are likely to affect, or could appear to affect, the director’s judgement
Candidates wishing to apply:
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Please indicate which vacancy interests you, when you apply.
The closing date for applications is 25th February 2018.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held during the week commencing 09 April 2018
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you would like to know more about the role or the process for selection and appointment, please contact Trust Secretary, Gill Rejzl on 01553 613614 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org